Terms & Conditions
This agreement is between My Learning Studio and My Learning Studio OUTREACH (hereinafter MLS), parent and student. Should either party be unwilling or unable to meet the responsibilities outlined below, MLS reserves the right to terminate said agreement unless such restrictions outlined below.
EMERGENCY MEDICAL RELEASE
I understand that in case of emergency requiring medical treatment for my child, I may not be available for consent and that treatment may be withheld without my prior consent. Therefore, in case of injury to my child while attending a My Learning Studio activity, I give advance authorization to My Learning Studio to provide medical treatment by any licensed physician, nurse, EMT, or hospital to render such treatment to my child as they may deem necessary AND I will be held responsible for any cost or fees arising thereof.
· Attend all schedules tutoring sessions and participate actively in tutoring session (ask questions, complete practice problems ... etc.)
· Arrive on time, but no more than 10 minutes early to scheduled tutoring sessions.
· Bring all academic support materials to each tutoring session (textbooks, homework, workbooks if applicable)
· Prepare for each session by reviewing what needs to be covered and sharing that information with the tutor.
SOLICITATION OF TUTORS
Parent and student shall not solicit individual MLS tutors for individual tutoring or personal contact such as phone number, social media, or email. Parent and student agree that violation of this condition will result in the immediate termination of tutoring services without refund.
Parent and student agree not to disclose to any other party, company, person or entity the trade secrets, working or tutoring policies and workmanship of MLS. Parent and student agree that violation of this condition will result in the immediate termination of tutoring services without refund.
ADMINISTRATION OF TUTORS
MLS reserves the right to choose and change the appropriate tutor for the student based on the students’ needs, tutors and/or MLS’ availability and scheduling.
· Consultation with tutors is within your own time slot.
· Parents need not be present during tutoring, and its recommended that the student work independently with the tutor during session.
· Parent/Guardian must be punctual at time of pick-up after sessions.
· Late starts due to tardiness, does not mean late endings of tutoring session. Early arrival does not mean early ending to tutoring session.
· Parent/guardian is purchasing a Yearly Family Registration Fee, which includes those students in the same household. This fee is due on or before their anniversary date. If the deposit, mentioned next is not used, the next years fee shall be waived.
· Parent/guardian and student is agreeing to purchase a deposit of one weeks’ worth of sessions and hold as a deposit. Pay each and every Friday for scheduled tutoring sessions that are outstanding. The Deposit will be used when the parent/guardian informs MLS beyond 36 hours to use these sessions instead of paying on Friday. A session is referred to predesignated timeframe between MLS and the parents, such as 55 minutes.
· Tuition must always be paid one week (7 days) ahead in order to secure your time-spot and tutor. A weeks’ worth of sessions are required to stay in your account as a reserve at all times to keep a student an active student. 36 hours is required to stop tutoring and use your reserve account balance.
· Failed payments will incur at $25 service fee.
· Absences must be pre-approved by MLS 36 hours prior the tutoring session. (If MLS is not notified with 36 hours (1 1/2 days) of designated time frame, tutoring lessons/sessions will not be reimbursed or rescheduled.)
· If more than 36 hours is given, MLS will reschedule up to one (1) session per 6 week/12 session block within the 6 week/12 session timeframe. No refunds will be granted, no exceptions.
· In the event, reschedule is not possible, 1 extension per 12 session block is allowed only for absences pre-approved 36 hours in advance.
· Students are not to be dropped off more than 10 minutes early and must be picked up within 10 minutes of ending time. Otherwise, an additional fee will be incurred at $1.00 per minute thereafter.
· If minimum enrollments are not met, classes are canceled.
· $50.00 non-refundable deposit is required on all Summer Sessions: including Private, Group, Workshops and Camps to secure a spot and no refunds within 7 days of start date, unless class minimum is not met.
· If for any reason, your sessions are canceled before the agreed upon timeframe (12 hours), the tutoring rate increases to the Individual Session Rate after 26 hours’ notice is given.
· Any unused sessions expire after one year of purchase.
· Sessions are non-transferable.
· If payment is declined or rejected, you will be charged a $25 service fee each day until payment is received. If this occurs, until payment is satisfied, your timeslot or tutor is not guaranteed. It is not the responsibility of MLS to contact you regarding your payment. Reminder calls and emails are considered a courtesy, not a requirement.
FAMILY REGISTRATION FEE
· Family Registration must be paid in full before services begin. This Family Registration for those residing under same household.
· Registration fees are renewed every year on anniversary date, unless a weeks’ work of sessions are on deposit in your account. This policy is effective until 12/31/2025